Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Han / Preliminary Market Research Sangyun Han

Here is my submission of Preliminary Market Research for the Thesis class on Monday, Oct 18th, 2010. by Sangyun Han.

My first choice of the target is the toy market. The main target users are children under the age of 14.
My second focus is on wearable device technology for adults user group. The core context from the children user group's project will be shared again for this adults user group but a different design of output will be generated.
For my thesis project, my final model will not be just remained as a mockup of the concept. I will build real working models with my background experiences in electronics engineering. I will design my own custom printed circuit boards by my self. I also do microcontroller programming. So, I care all aspects of my product development from the concept to the final working product, from the inside(technologies) to the outside(design).











Preliminary Market Research for the Thesis class on Monday, Oct 18th, 2010. by Sangyun Han.

1 comment:

  1. Han,
    this is a great start! I am really excited to see where you go next. I agree that educational toys will remain a strong market around the world, and well-designed toys that have an educational component can succeed in the global economy. Your instinct to incorporate new technologies in toy design is smart: kids are very sophisticated now, and they expect toys to match their sophistication. but the real question to answer, I believe, is what kinds of toys will help kids learn? and how can we measure whether learning is actually occurring? Design Research can help. You have to study the market to learn what consumers want, and then you have to test your product to see if it usable, and if learning occurs. How can you measure that? Let's talk more about this class tomorrow.
    steven

    ReplyDelete